Hazardous waste treatment and detoxification
Fortum offers sustainable turnkey solutions of the highest quality to treat hazardous waste and ensure a safe final disposal. We have more than 40 years of experience in detoxifying and removing hazardous substances from the cycle through the Best Available Techniques recommended by the EU and with comprehensive traceability.
Fortum provides end-to-end solutions that will improve your value chain and minimize risk when it comes to your hazardous waste.
We offer environmentally sound treatment that recovers maximum value and disposes of unwanted toxic components using best available techniques.
We have the packaging for all types of waste, and we are prepared to help you with the correct labelling of the waste.
Removing hazardous waste in a sustainable manner
Fortum transports, analyses and treats hazardous waste according to each customer’s needs. We help our customers in choosing the appropriate containers and correct labelling for their waste. We can also assist you with packaging and organize customized training for your organization. We bring value to your company by tailoring each solution to your specific needs.
We offer reliable, high-quality hazardous waste treatment services with our three high-temperature incineration plants in Riihimäki/Finland, Kumla/Sweden and Nyborg/Denmark. The hazardous waste is incinerated and converted into energy used for district heating and electricity.
We bring value to your company by taloring each solution to your specific needs.
- end-to-end solutions for complex projects within a given timeframe
- on-site waste management, planning and advisory
- customized logistics
- major storage and treatment capacity
- high environmental and safety standards in accordance with international and national legal requirements
- recycling and recovery solutions for the valuable resources contained in the hazardous waste (e.g. oil, plastic, metals
- assistance with necessary documentation
- environmentally sound treatment that recovers maximum value and disposes of unwanted toxic components using best available techniques
- traceability, reporting to authorities and climate accounts, and
- safety advisor services
Correct transportation and packaging
Hazardous waste must be transported and stored in the correct packaging. Special rules apply to the transportation of hazardous goods.
We also provide safe and correct transportation. We have joined forces with approved haulers who are specially trained for the task. All transportation complies with the provisions of the European Agreement concerning the International Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road (ADR) and the International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code (IMDG).